Board Certification is the process by which candidates demonstrate their competence, qualifications, and ability to function as a professional chaplain. One purpose of board certification is to assure the public and the employing organization that the chaplain has met established national standards for professional competence, and is held to a code of ethics. A second purpose is to promote the continuing education and development of certified spiritual care providers.
Employers Benefit From Board Certification
Employers who desire to recruit and train highly qualified chaplains find credentialing of professionals at every level of their organizations to be one essential tool for assuring and improving the quality of services provided to their customers. In addition, training and certification from recognized and reliable professional organizations brings the added benefit of promoting accountability to public standards for ethical conduct and professional competence. Today, there is increasing scrutiny to organizations’ understanding of the cultural, spiritual and religious needs of their customers, as well as their capacity to meet those needs.
ACI Board Certification Application Requirements and Instructions
Code of Ethics
How to Apply
- Go to https://portal.adventistchaplains.org/Chaplain/Create
- Complete the profile registration form. Your profile request will need to be approved.
- Download the ACI Board Certification application requirements and instructions.
- Once you receive the profile approval email from ACI, log in and choose ACM Board Application in the left hand column.
- Be prepared to upload the items that must be submitted with your application.
- Once you have submitted your application and supporting documentation, your name will be taken to the Adventist Chaplaincy Institute Board-Certification Committee. You will be notified by email once your certification is voted. You will receive a letter, certificate and lapel pin by mail noting your board-certification status.